View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinthesun View Post
Transplanted motor with trannie in one of the coupes ,the donor car then got cut into 4 x4 sections for the recycler to take ,mercedes are built with very good metal . 15 metal cutting blades were beaten ,the 16th barely hung on .All took 3 days from the donor being dropped off til the last metal was sent to the recycler ,I sleep 24 hrs straight after that job.The outcome was tons of bolts and parts and a new life for the coupe,that engine rocks with 134k on it.The donor car was the best candidate I could hope for ,slight wreck in frt was just enough to break the lines for the trans and oil cooler thus putting off the road ,no interior and bad body dents gave it a thumbs done for restorability.I got it from the man that bought it for a dead end project that never got off the ground.Before we got started I put a battery to it and a can for fuel ,started right up and zero blow by .No interior had my looking for a spare seat to throw in her for a trannie shift or 2 after some line mending,shifted fine .The coupe still has a little TLC to go but now its a driver and will go another 200k .

If only you had a dualsaw. www.dualsaw.com
I saw a TV info-mercial about it and it is amazing what it can do. It has 2 counter-rotating carbide blades so it does not pull while cutting, allowing plunge cutting anywhere on the work piece. A car body was cut in half in under 2 minutes. If it works as good as they say and is durable I want one.
Anyone seen the info-mercial and what do you think?