View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 09:04 PM

First off, thanks to everybody that replied to my thread. I hope that I will be able to help out someone in the future.

I got my car running yesterday. The only thing is I am not sure what I did to fix it! There is some really bad wiring just about every where I looked. I also found a half wired in car alarm that had a few wires that had been clipped that I removed. After that, I did not expect anything to have changed but when I glowed the plugs, the lights dimmed and after the relay clicked off I tried the started and she fired right up and ran great. Better than before I had all these issues.

The thing is, I don't know what I did to fix the glow plugs. I tried removing some wiring that I had been working on but the glow plugs still worked. I tested the volts at the glow plugs and I am only seeing 9.6v before the relay clicks off.

I still think that I have a bad ground somewhere, any one have any ideas where to check? I should be seeing 12v at the plugs, right? It's a mess under the dash, I have replaced some of the wiring and tried to clean it up as much as I could.

Thanks again,

Reed