View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 09:08 PM

I checked the glow plugs using the method on the link shown.
#1 had infinite resistance and #4 read 2.21 ohms, otherwise it was correct at 0.6 ohms

I think #1 can be replaced without taking off the manifold, and I am also wondering what the harm in a bad glow plug is.

The radio fuse in the back of the radio was blown. After searching for a replacement and not finding it, I rigged it with 2 thin pieces of copper and it worked. Then I took it out as not to ruin it. I am replacing the radio as soon as I take one out of my old car so this is no big deal.

The cigarette lighter had a snapped connection in the back of the tray. A little solder fixed that up.

They said they job was going to be billed @ 5.5 hours, since that is around what it would take. I am assuming the #1 plug is in the front of the engine, and if that is the case, I don't think it will require the manifold to be taken off, and a lower replacement cost.

So now its just the tachometer, a new radio and getting this glow plug fixed. Thanks for all the info and help.

And if you think that is bad, how about $300 to fix a 7 year old computer that is worth $200 and takes about 10 minutes of attentiveness by the tech.