View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyspaceman View Post
Don't let my lack of information fool you. I have a flaring tranny in all shifts but first to second. I am working my way from the vacuum pump backwards eliminating all possibilities on my way towards the tranny. I have replaced all the white vacuum valves, yellow lock valve, dashpot and am now measuring vacuum and I am unclear how much vacuum I should be having at each point optimally. Hence the inquiry. I am sure that many people would value a chart like the one I attached above with those labels on it for future reference, maybe even one for the 300D just for kicks also.
There is no chart required. The transmission is modulated by vacuum. The first thing to test is the vacuum that is going to the transmission. Connect a vacuum gauge with a T into the transmission line. Route it into the cabin so you can watch it while you drive.

Drive it in various modes at various pedal positions and report back with results. You probably have an issue with the vacuum control valve that results in too much vacuum to the transmission.