View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Nicht verantwortlich

Heh, today was lots of fun. I was hoping the radiator would be a somewhat normal size... Bummer. The one I have is probably a good candidate for recoring. The cooling fins are a little beat up, but it doesn't leak (much.) The oil cooler is actually in fantastic shape, so I'll keep the one I have.

Today I sanded the hood, hammered out a few more dents (I swear to god they're breeding.) and did some "precision sanding" on the cut lines aka, sanded down a couple of them so much that I'm going to have a fun time with filler later reshaping them.

Question concerning sanding... Right now I have all the trim off the body, and I made sure to give her a good clay barring to make sure I didn't sand in a bunch of grime. Do I need to take her down to bare metal? Should I sand down to the factory primer coat? Or is it ok to have patches of color amongst the factory primer (the color thats there has absolutely ZERO shine to it.)
I am going to change the color from gold metallic to something else. I'm planning to do all the sanding myself, and then have the car painted by a trusted body shop. I'm open to any suggestions on sanding, prepping, etc.