View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian77 View Post
In my opinion the climate control system is the most overengineered piece of garbage that Mercedes engineers ever devised, only matched by their clear arrogance by the placement of these garbage components that none of them would ever need to be changed. Here, here!

The job was a mixed success. The car now shuts off immediately, and I now have heat coming from the floor (did not use to have heat from this source); however, it appears now that I have to troubleshoot why, with the rush of the blower motor, the rush of warm air is flowing from the defrost vent and faintly from the floor with nothing from the side vents. So, it appears that I will now have to go back into the dashboard and diagnose this gremlin. As I understand, it could be anything from jammed flaps to a monovalve to a cracked CCU unit.
The 126's have a weak link on the drivers side floor vent flap. Mine was broken and the fan pushed it closed. I rigged the flap (door) open, doing so without having to go too far, just remove the lower kick panel.
I also have other issues that I'm afraid I'll have to dig into it as far as you did.
Did you take any pics of your repar?

84 CD