View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Nicht verantwortlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by neds380sl View Post
A question: How, and why, did it get from Saudi to here?
Good luck with it, they're neat cars.
Ned
Old Wilma has a pretty long history. The only thing the previous owner did right was to hang on to lots of paperwork. From what I can piece together, she was sold to someone in Italy and driven there for about 65,000km, thats when the service stamps from the original dealership run out. Then she was owned by an American Serviceman in Saudi Arabia. There's a few stickers and insurance cards from Saudi.

The same guy left the military and took a job with the DoD and brought the car with him to Germany in the 90's. I found some reciepts and insurance cards leading up 'till about 2002. Then the Merc was brought with the DoD/ex-air force guy back to Tucson Arizona in '06. I bought her totally sight unseen from the Autotrader Classics (formerly "Old Car Trader") for $3,600 bucks in june last year. I had the owner's promise that it was safe to drive her from Tucson to Tennessee. I shipped the old beast out here instead.

I actually have lots of original paperwork, most of it in Italian, the service book has lots of stamps. The original warranty card is filled out, and I have the card from the salesman who sold the car. It was attached to one of the service books. If any of you want pictures of any of the original paperwork let me know.