View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 12:39 PM

how to bleed injectors (no start)

I recently replaced the faulty glow plugs on my 83 300D. The same day i also adjusted the valves hoping that it would help my no start problem.
The glow plugs all tested out good on the bench and the relay is sending strong voltage to them all. I am still not getting the light on the dash, but i figure that may be a bulb or wire somewhere.
Anyway, I trimmed down the vaccumn system with a new main hose, the green (dashpot i believe) going to the white plastic on the injection pump, and the other part of that tee going to the transmission. I have already completely removed the egr system and the associated hardware.
When i was done with the glow plugs I cracked teh lines at the injectors to crank the car over and get the air out of the system. The rear two injectors started pouring fuel pretty quickly, and yesterday the middle one was too.
Today i came back and tried to bleed them some more but the rear two are the only ones that will produce fuel at the lines. The front three will absolutely not.
Is there a way to check if fuel is being pumped to them, or if the line is clogged without covering my engine in diesel?
Thanks for any help
Andrew