View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Rogue T Tolerant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBeige View Post
If you are stepping the pedal ever so lightly, it will not shift late but shift early. If you floor the pedal, then it will shift late. I did not read anything that indicated either, so I thought I'd throw that in here.

Your bowden cable is probably adjusted to shift early, giving very light shifts.

If you try accelerating more spiritedly, see if you can count the shifts.
Actually I have noticed that before. However if I floor it the same results occur at 2600 rpm. If I feather the accelerator it will shift at 2400 rpm, but I still cannot count the shifts.

I adjusted the cable 4 turns counter clockwise and the same shift at 2600 being completely smooth occurred. Looks like I will be reading up on this mystical vacuum modulator on the bottom of the car.

I have a pre-adjustment video that is being sent from my blackberry to my youtube account for watching. It's much better then the original video I have.

Edit: Here's the new video. I have a better version where I turn onto a clearer road. That slushing clunk noise is snow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kfgNCmG3hU

Edit 2: Ok Jimmy I understand about the blue flying saucer I need to do a little bit more reading as my 85 is a bit different from all of you other normal w123s.

Last edited by okyoureabeast; 01-06-2010 at 01:33 PM.