View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Banned

If you are anticipating that you will be doing this for eventual profit I would be very surprised if there is much of a market. There is infinitely more talk about what people could do, would do, want to do, than there is any realistic willingness of the same people to actually pay for something. Now you might get the occasional young punk intent on throwing away the money mommy and daddy give him as subsidized rent, but I'll bet there are damn few adults who will actually pony up the what, $1000 for a blueprinted tuned IP. With all the work you're talking about I can't imagine that you can do it for much less than that. How you’ll get people to spring that much for something with no track record will be near impossible I’d bet! Maybe if it works and you give away the first ten at cost you might be able to jump start some demand.

You only mention OM 616 and that market can’t be very big to begin with. Don’t get me wrong it would certainly be a worthy endeavor for someone with the time, talent and resources but your rewards are more likely be self satisfaction rather than remuneration I’m afraid.

There are more than a few threads about fantasy projects like transmission adapters, high flow manifolds and similar projects that have 25 guys saying yeah, yeah, yeah, and in the end no more than one or two who actually will write check when the time comes.