View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 08:45 PM

Just tested the glow plugs and all the plugs seem fine. However I'm getting a slightly lower voltage at the relay and plugs than I am at the battery. With nothing on I get about 12.6 at the battery, and about 11.9 with the glow plugs active. But at the relay and plugs I'm getting about 10.8 while active. However my multimeter was showing a neg voltage while touching nothing, so I had to add to these finding to be correct.

Also, there is a part directly lined up with the steering wheel that looks like a vacuum switchover valve or something with a couple vacuum lines and electrical connecting coming from a small metal box screwed into the firewall. I will take a picture of it, but when i engaged the glow plug system, this box kept clicking, and when the relay turned off after about 40 seconds, it began clicking more often, until I turned the keys to the off position. Just wondering what part this is, and is it operating as intended.

It looks like this part, except the #3 connector is not on mine, and mine has a small white plastic cylinder on the face.

http://www.*********.com/images/full/W01331617610OES.JPG