View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2t View Post
Should I buy a 92 300SD w. 156k miles no service records for $6,500 ?

Its black on grey, nice condition, runs fine but has a glow plug light flickering while driving.

Doesn’t seem to burn oil but how would I know on a test drive? Any other things I should look carefully at? All electrics seem to work fine (aside from glow issue). Did ALL these have rod bending engines or just some? Would the current mileage and the lack of copious amounts of blue smoke while starting/driving indicate the engine was not a rod bender? Or do they develop bent rods after XXX miles ?

I really wanted 86-87 SDL but this W140 is all that’s around. I wonder if I could sell it for same if I decided not to keep it?
I am selling a 1992 300D with only 146,000 miles on it for around $2500. Everything works very well on it including all the electronics (seats, windows lights, everything). It runs very well and has the service records with it. Interior is very nice considering the age. The only thing wrong is that the battery seems to not be recharging while the car is running. It is a really nice car and I'm trying to sell it for my fiancee's uncle. PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by gg1519; 01-13-2010 at 07:09 PM.