View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:00 AM

Hmm, Seen this a few times over the years....

the WVO has killed the IP!

IF the veggy Isnt Prepaired PROPERY, and by this I mean DRIED of moisture Completely, as well as being Filtered to at Least 5 Micron, it will 'micro-corrode' the precision pumping elements in the pump over time. They will not then generate the high pressures needed for fuel delivery when the pump is turned 'slowly',--ie, starting and idling-speed, when using the comparatively 'Thin' std. diesel fuel.....

Get it hot, switch to veg and it'll 'probably' run at idle, but then switch back to std. diesel and it'll die.....

As Ive been messing round with veggy for going on 14 years with various engines, this became apparent pretty early on. All veggy used in any Engine MUST be Dried of Moisture before it goes anywhere near any car's tank--How you do this is up to you, but Heat and Air,--Lots of it-- are needed to remove this 'entrained' moisture!!

(Veggy absorbs a certain amount of moisture from the surroundings, bad storage etc, and settling--even for weeks--is just NOT good enough. The 'older' the WVO the higher the FFA content and the higher the 'absorbsion' of moisture from the surroundings/air etc. The FFA Content will also make the entrained moisture Acidic)

--So, New/Replacement Pump I'm afraid, you are looking at!

Alastair AKA H.C.II South Wales, U.K. based member

W123, 1985 300TD Wagon, 256K,
-Most recent M.B. purchase, Cost-a-plenty, Gulps BioDiesel extravagantly, and I love it like an old dog.

W114, 1975 280E Custard Yellow,
-Great above decks needs chassis welding--Really will do it this year....