View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 12:23 PM
10mm MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnik View Post
what I am doing (maybe next week, when my bench guy is putting my IP back on the bench again) is to install a different DV into cyl. 1 to see the difference in quantity. But I fear that playing with DV is more a question of spray pattern and timing than just more quantity, or a combination of all.
As said many times before what is going on in the hard lines is more acoustics than physics and a thing to be looked at at a later point.
I just wanted to note that there is no restriction by the stock DV as far as I increased quantity.

Tom
I totally agree.

I have to dig out a spare IP and set it up to map out the cam profile. I want to know how much lift takes place at each degree of cam rotation. That information will be used to determine what, if anything, I want to do with the groove geometry.

Another question for everyone; given that the flame speed is theoretically known for diesel fuel, is it possible to make an excel spread sheet that will show how long it will take specific amounts of fuel to burn, starting with a good idle quantity up to say 300 HP with a 617 bore and stroke?

My interest is in that it would be bad to inject fuel faster than it can burn, as that would allow access, (nonignited), fuel to collect, and a second independent flame front could ignite, and when the two or three flame fronts come together (Detonation).