View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Rogue T Tolerant

Hey it's 30 degrees out: Clean your hood drains

We're having a heat wave in northwestern PA right now so I'm taking the time to detail the car and put a fresh coat of wax on right now inside my garage.

Well I discovered moisture on my floor mats and I pulled them. The metal beneath was dry thank goodness, but I decided now would be a good time to clean out the hood drains.

I put a hose into the hood drains over the summer back when I got the car out from storage.

I'm completely flabbergasted at the amount of grit that came out of the drain. I must not have cleaned it very well over the summer with the hose. Here's a pic at what came out:

For the record the garage floor was spotless before I shot the power washer through.

I'm going to have to make a mental note to clean them on a bi yearly basis. That is just disgusting.

Also, I think my wet floor mats are coming from my crappy good year winter mats. Does anyone have suggestions for MB approved winterized floor mats?
Attached Thumbnails
Hey it's 30 degrees out: Clean your hood drains-17036_1183647719600_1480440105_30408263_8203343_n.jpg  

Last edited by whunter; 01-16-2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: attached picture