View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 12:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffa98 View Post
On the way to work I stopped at a coffee shop to get one to go, My normal for the first night shift. I came back out there is a guy standing in front of my car shaking his head and muttering.

I am sorry i seemed to have backed into your car and it only brokethe grill. Ok we exchanged info I get in to pop hood he leaves. I wish he would have stuck around to see for himself.......

Pics to follow tommorrow. He did get the grill...and sprung the hood a bit, Pushed the aux fan back into the a/c condensor which pushed into rad, popped it out of mounting clips and into the fan slightly.
I managed to pull it back out away from engine fan and drive the last mile and a half to work. By the time I got there I was steaming out from under hood. Needless to say he will be in for a shock when i present him(or state farm as the case is) a estimate...
Anyone have to do this and how much am I looking at? My fear is that the insurance co will try to total it
If they total it - so be it. Deal only with his insurance company. Don't make the mistake of trying to collect from him.

Sounds like expensive damage - real expensive.