View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
So, you have no history, and you don't know the elongation of the existing chain, and you conclude that the lack of speed is due to the chain??

If it were me, I'd determine the IP and camshaft timing before I spent any money on a chain that won't affect the performance of the vehicle one iota.

BTW, you've got 123hp rated at the engine..........much less at the drive wheels. It's a pipe dream to believe that a 3500 lb. vehicle with relatively poor aerodynamics is going to achieve 120 mph with this horsepower level. If it achieves 100 mph, you're doing well.
Thank you for the info Brian so what you are saying is that I should measure the elongation first before anything.What tools would I need to check IP + camshaft timing if these 2 areas would help me possibly more then a new chain.I do think I saw a write up on how to check the IP timing by unhooking an injector line and watching at what point it fuel starts coming out.I will give it more thought about putting a new chain on do'nt like to do things if I do'nt need to.