View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 07:41 AM
Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUpower View Post
Maybe we have different ideas of what is "rich". Live in a nice place, afford all the food you want, drive the kind of car you like within reason, and buy nice clothes? On $8000+ a month? I think you're rich as a single person, plus I think you'd get other legit perks as a councilperson.
I think we do have a different definition, you are describing someone who makes a comfortable living and shouldn't have to worry about paying their bills if they maintain a reasonable lifestyle. You are not describing someone who can afford to own multible homes and to lease $100k cars.

I understand that $8000+ a month sounds like a lot of money, but we are talking about someone who brings home about $5-6k, has at least $3k in mortage payments and is probably paying close to $1k to lease that silly car. She will not have anything left at the end of the month.

Let me put it this way, most people in my neighborhood earn twice as much as her, no one is driving a $100k car, and no one would consider themselves rich.