View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjzjz View Post
to elaborate on this subject is like being the one who --

BUT i have many times seen what has been done to a revolver with a hand file before and after so not even the makes twist can be ID - its an underworld business that one wants to know little about if it can be helped

but the real guys never use anything but a revolver - just my observation on the porch - jz
Its been a while since I've worked on guns. One problem with a revolver is if it is to be silenced. The cylinder gap releases hot gases, and that somewhat nullifies a silences use. I'm not an expert in that or really any gun area. I remeber seeing a BSA .22 auto rifle. It ejected the shells into the reciever. It also had threads on the barrel. The guy who was working on its, said it was for poaching. He'd been around the world, and I'd say would qualify as an expert in guns.
I've also heard the Ruger MK II .22 auto pistol was used for a while for assination. Its high rate of fire, point blank into the skull.
Also, you have to get from the crime scene. So, there might not be time to take a file to the barrel. Even then, the gun is ruined. So might as well, pitch the gun or rebarrel it.
Tom