View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Fowler View Post
You have probably heard about the pro-life ad by Tim Tivo and his mom. She was advised to terminate her pregnancy,but made the decision to carry it to term. As a result, Tim who may be the best college football player ever, was born.
Yet, to hear the outcry from some portions of the left, you'd think the ad was advocating outlawing all abortion.
Fairly typical. In my experience the Left favors freedon speech ONLY when they agree with it. All, other speech is to be limited, regulated, restricted or made illegal.

So what's your take?
Is even this speech to be allowed?
My take is you are confusing freedom of speech with disagreement. Someone who is disagreeing with you is not trying to limit your speech. I have not heard any "out cry on the left", the first I heard of this was this morning on CNN. I have heard exactly no one, and I read lots of lefty blogs, say anything at all like you claim, demanding that this individual's right to say what he wants to say be curtailed, I would like to see just one link to prove me wrong. Until then, this looks like some marketing department's blowing up some puffery to push some issue dejour to drum up the Superbowl. I find the pro-life position inherently fascist, I could care less what the little fascist has to say. I'm sure if men could get pregnant if a pregnancy meant an end to his football career, he'd be a screaming pro-choice fanantic.

Last edited by JollyRoger; 01-27-2010 at 01:33 PM.