View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRoger View Post
Billy bob is trying to get us all to think that a flood of foreign money is good for our political system. Foreign corporations are completely free to buy majority stock positions in US companies, and they can form US corporations at will. Billy wants us all to think they can't, because he's having a hard time claiming he is in favor of US sovereignty while at the same time, against it. For billy, it's a mixed up world out there. The Right Wing is taking so many hits on this, National Review is trotting out this weak argument and try to make this pig fly. Keep flapping, billy. The president's statement is not false. Ask any accountant, there are a zillion ways to pull it off, and again, I post this link:

http://non-us.com/US-company-for-foreing-citizens.htm

Yeah, real tough, it's just impossible says Billy.
I need to preface my remarks by stating I am not a lawyer; never even played one on TV.
The flaw I see in your first statement,"Billy bob is trying to get us all to think that a flood of foreign money is good for our political system", is that you seem to confuse the law with its consequences.
Correct me if I am wrong ( as if you require my permission), but the SC is to rule on contitutionality of a law. Period. End of the matter.

You seem to be saying that because, in your opinion, the flood of feared international money will be bad, that the SC should have ruled other than they did.

Its not their job to fix bad law. The Legislative branch needs to do its job, and write better law, if that is necessary. But to say that the SC should create a law seems to be against what is their assigned roll.

The opinion expressed above is my own. I have not parroted talking points from any source.