View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 01:34 PM

I will most likely get one but don't need it all.

I already have an iMac, MackBook Air, and iPhone. I'm a software snob who works for a software manufacturer (products unrelated to Apple's or Microsoft's products.) Apple really does know what they are doing making hardware and software systems that real people like to use and have very few problems. Their products just plain work well.

The iPad for me would essentially be a wicked cool replacement for what I use my MacBook Air for (surfing on a screen larger than the iPhone, emails longer than I want to type on the iPhone, and light word processing).

The ONLY thing that I found lacking in the iPad was I wish it had a DVI output (the same complaint I have about the iPhone, too) so I could fully replace my MacBook. This is really the only reason I have the MacBook Air. Apple would be wise to add that to the iPad's hardware.

Apple's weakest link is their iTunes software and the iPhone and iPad's reliance on it. iTunes I think is their weakest product. It has improved vastly over the last few years, but it is still clunky.

1988 300 SL (5 Speed)
1994 E320 Wagon
1997 C230

Last edited by Michael K; 01-28-2010 at 02:04 PM.