View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpia

I think Jim has a very valid point and it was one that I dealt with on a regular basis when I worded for the airline. The union had to represent the worst of the employees and fight for them to keep their job. Unfortunately they were usually successful. We had flight attendants who committed all types of aggreious acts, and weaseled their way out. No one could figure out how since they were in obvious violation of the contract.

I think as with most group, a majority of the people in said group are fairly normal. There seem to be groups with in the group that are very militant. I still keep up with the chat rooms and there are several on there who are all set to strike in this economy. They want all their original pay and benefits back.

Personally I have no interest in being in a union. I know management is out to screw me. That's a given. I do not feel like paying a union to do the same thing. We no longer have sweat shops, we have child labor laws in place. I think the time for unions is over.

One other thing I have noticed that has been mentioned here already is that a union is motivated to keep as many members as possible due to their survival is dependent on the dues. The unions fought tooth and nail against lay offs or furloughs every time.

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.