View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Registered abuser

Chapter Two for me

Guys and gals, some here know me from back when Benzmac was on here and MBShop first started. At that time, my passion was buying old W123, W115 and W126 diesels and fixing them up only to drive them till the wheels fell off. I even found a couple of nice old Texas diesels that I looked over for guys here in the rust belt. But I got sick, and working on these cars became too much.

Then I got REALLY sick (kidney failure) so now it's hard to even imagine holding a job at all. Yet I still have my mind to occupy and I have been struggling lately to find a sense of purpose for myself. I'm thinking I have figured out what I want to do with my remaining time and energy.

I have decided to become a gay rights political activist, at first concentrating on trying to overturn the Texas constitutional ban on marriage equality. The election of Annise Parker as our mayor here is one thing that inspired me. She started her career as an AIDS activist back in the 80's.

I have joined national organizations that promote equal rights such as the Human Rights Campaign, and PFLAG. I will mostly be doing work here in this part of the state due to dialysis but if need be I can certainly arrange to take dialysis most anywhere in the country.

Whether you agree that we deserve the same rights afforded all others, or you disagree and still feel like LGBT people should remain second-class citizens, i would at least wish that those of you left around that know me will wish me the best with my new mission. I feel that the time is right for DADT to go away, DOMA to go away, ENDA to be passed, and marriage equality is overdue. These things, I feel represent the last civil rights frontier our country faces. It will happen. It must happen.

Thanks for reading.

Former owner of a few diesel MB cars
1998 Lexus ES 300 In Chicago We Trust