View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 08:20 AM

Location: Oregon, Illinois (about 100 miles due west of Chicago)
I'm a Mercedes newbie. I've owned two w126s, an '83 380 sel & an '89 300 se, but that's it. I don't know if they would fit a W123 or W124 or not. However, the website I bought them from, http://ultimatecupholders.com/fischercupholder.html, lists the exact outside dimensions, as well as what size cups can be accommodated.

I've had them in place about a week. I was a little concerned that the slight movement could cause a spill but so far it hasn't. I haven't tried a panic stop though. I'll load up a full water bottle, (cap on), do one later today, and report what happens. Even though it's possible to use it with just the front one open I've always opened both for a bigger footprint and more stability.

They aren't cheap, $14.99 each plus $5.00 shipping, but really good quality. I did make one slight modification. There are these little plastic studs that snap into holes to hold it closed when they are mounted vertically, and they are very secure. Used horizontally they aren't that important. I thought of just chiseling them off, but decided to file them down just a little and round them a bit so it takes less effort to make them open up.

BTW: It's fascinating to watch them as they unfold. I found myself doing it over and over just see the action.