View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Fold on dotted line

I might end up screwed by a realtor violating conflict of interest rules

I found a perfect property in my price range to buy, like I have been telling people. I called the realtor to find out about two things that didn't make sense when I went to inspect the property:

1. There was a trailer and equipment in the fenced-in area.

2. The place had been vacated in 2008 following a non-occupancy rating by the city, but there was a dog living in it, who barked when I came near the front door!

My call to the realtor yielded a lot of info, but I had to pull it out of her. She is arranging some violation repairs, paying herself for them even though the out-state bank owns the property. She mentioned the place was going to become a resale shop. That didn't make sense. Then she said she was renting the place out. She lied several times and I had to get her to "clarify" her story.

She wants the place for herself and is keeping it off the market until she can get it sold to herself or to a shill, I'm betting.

So now, I need to get a very complete list from the city of all violations as well as deed. Supposedly, the property is in foreclosure to Bayview Properties in Florida, but I don't know if she's telling me the truth or not.

What do you guys think?

Should I abandon?

Rush and make an offer to the bank through my realtor, making sure it actually reaches the owner and isn't "lost?"

They want 54,900 for the property and building which will definitely need some work, I'm betting but haven't seen it yet.
My fear of going below the asking price is that the bank will be advised to turn it down by the realtor.

I wish I had a way to deal directly with the bank. Don't know legally how to get the bank involved. They only want the money so this might be the way to get the property.

I also don't want to pay for other work done by the realtor's carpenters, which basically has been done w/o the bank knowing it. Because I know the bank is not paying for the repairs. She said so.

Your thoughts please

1950 170SD
1951 Citroen 11BN
1953 Citroen 11BNF limo
1953 220a project
1959 180D
1960 190D
1960 Borgward Isabella TS 2dr
1983 240D daily driver
1983 380SL
1990 350SDL daily driver alt
3 x Citroen DS21M, down from 5