View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Dead on balls accurate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpplease View Post
Apologies I am not trying to make this a R vs. D thing. But the Republicans are supposed to be the party of "less government interference" Aren't they? I was simply asking a question and asking for an answer.

And that is almost all the Republicans that I know are against gay marriage. While all the Democrats I know are for it. Simply speaking from personal experience
This Republican if I can still be called an Republican is all for it. The Republican Party has traditionally stood for less governmental interference in people's lives. I guess I am not a Libertarian as the GOP has become an offshoot of the Democratic Party.

As for the other civil rights issues, it was the Reps who ended slavery and began the civil rights agenda under Ike which came to fruition under LBJ. Also remember most supporters of the KKK were not Republicans

As for gay teachers and parents, I know a few gay couples who are great parents. (They had kids from previous marriages) They raised nice well adjusted heterosexual children (if their preference matters to y'all)

As for teachers, like in any profession, if they are PROFESSIONAL and keep their political and sexual agenda out of the classroom I have no issue with them teaching. That goes for heteros too... Keep it professional and I have no problem with what you do after hours...

Current
Monika '74 450 SL
BrownHilda '79 280SL
FoxyCleopatra '99 Chevy Suburban
Scarlett 2014 Jeep Cherokee
Krystal 2004 Volvo S60
Gone
'74 Jeep CJ5
'97 Jeep ZJ Laredo
Rudolf ‘86 300SDL
Bruno '81 300SD
Fritzi '84 BMW