View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 04:32 PM
ಠ_ಠ

WTB: Engine hoist (feeler?)

Hi guys...I'll be taking out my OM617 in a couple months and I'm trying to accumulate all the necessary equipment. I'd like to buy a new hoist but the shipping on them are often more than the original price due to their weight. This is more of a "feeler" to see if anybody is willing to sell their hoist to me, used. I would also be willing to rent one, but might need it for a couple months so buying would be a better option.

Pick-up only in southern new england (CT, MA, RI) anywhere down to the Philadelphia area, must be able to lift the weight of an OM617 with transmission. Again, this is just a feeler in order for me to see my options. Final sale won't occur for a couple months, and I can't guarantee that I won't be able to find a local sale outside of the forum but prefer to do business with the fine people on here. Basically I'm saying...if you have an engine hoist takign up space in your garage and want to get rid of it, I might be interested.

Thanks! --TC

Anyone interested can post a reply or PM me, either will do.

Edit: also might be interested in other tools such as engine stands, cheap welders, etc.
- 2007 Saturn sky redline
- 2004 Explorer...under surgery.

Past: 135i, GTI, 300E, 300SD, 300SD, Stealth