Originally Posted by haasman View Post
This might help-

It is from a "How to repair a mono-wiper"

Tools needed for repairing the wiper arm

-Small mirror
-Dental pick or small Allen wrench

Instructions:

-Raise the hood for improved access.

-With the ignition off, rotate the wiper switch to the first position.
-Turn the ignition on and off rapidly, so as to move the wiper arm out of the park position.

-Move the arm manually to the straight up position.

-Remove the three-sided rectangular cover (lower end of arm) that extends over the cap by pulling it straight up from the bottom end.

-Using a sensitive fingertip or a dental mirror, locate the two small recessed rectangular openings on the underside of the cap at roughly the 5 and 7 o'clock positions.

-Using a tool with a 90 deg end such as a dental pick or a small Allen wrench, release the catches in the access holes while pulling the cap upward with the left hand.

-Now that the entire articulated wiper actuator is in plain view, you will see as I did that the shaft that extends the arm up into the windshield corners (twice per sweep) is very likely no longer lubricated.

-Remove all the old grease from the shaft and bushing using for example a cloth soaked with lacquer thinner or similar, moving the arm back and forth to expose the arm surfaces inside the bushing.

-Apply new lubricant and I don't mean WD-40. I used Sil-Glyde, a silicone grease which has a working temp range of -20 to +400 deg F.

-Reassemble in reverse order.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I just bought a 1994 E320T with about 138k on the clock and I'm methodically trying to address all of the problems that it has, and a slow wiper is one of them. I started to follow this procedure, but I didn't see any three-sided rectangular cover at the lower end of the arm. All there was was the big plastic cover over the whole transmission assembly, and when I snapped off the cover all the innards of the transmission were all exposed and nekkid for the world to see. This doesn't look right - am I missing some kind of cover plate? I'm attaching photos so y'all can see - but don't be ashamed...

I slathered grease all over everything I could reach but the wiper didn't seem to go much faster; I'm hoping it'll free itself up with use.
Attached Thumbnails
w124 mono wiper assy removal-- HOW ?-hpim1051.jpg   w124 mono wiper assy removal-- HOW ?-hpim1049.jpg  

'12 ML350 BlueTec, 87k
'06 E320CDI, 270k
'05 T1N Sprinter 2500/Pleasure-Way Plateau TS, 69k
'97 C36AMG, 313k (son's)
'94 E320T, 249k
'93 190E Sportline LE, 168k (daughter's)
'84 190E-2.3/5spd (Stage Rally Racer)
'66 230 W110 Sedan (Barn Find, Vintage Racer build in progress)