View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 05:25 AM

BAD 300E project commenced

Hi all, was told about you guys from 2 other forums. I have recently purchased an 87' 300E that has been well, kinda modded

It has however suffered @ the hands of the previous owner/builder. Let's say I got it in the nick of time before he well & truely crucified it!

I need some parts & advice so, here it is. I'll wack up just enough pics to show you the car & that I am serious. As you will quickly see, this previous owner has spent alot of $$$$ & love/time on this. It has forgies & MSD stand alone for fuel/spark. Also, it runs on constant LPG via mixer!
I intend to finish & fix uo the balls-up so to speak.

Right now I am in process of removing engine block & taking it to my builder for resurrection. It's hard to believe this engine has done only 4k since full rebuild, although it was done some years ago & has sat & well, is stuffed now!

First part, I am after is a custom exhaust manifold. The spaghetti/spider type with equal runners. Either stainless or steampipe. It currently has modified orig' 2-piece manifold. Not my favourite

Turbo is currently TO3 highflowed to TO4 but, looks as though it has succumbed to same fate as poor engine. So, if I get another turbo, what are good performance options?

I am turbo savvy but admit, right now to all, not Mercedes savvy & am willing to learn from ones that know. Any advice is very appreciated.

I know & have read of stock M103 engines with twin turboes etc. I am interesterd in this engine seeing the full potential of bullet-proof bottom end taking way more boost than 7-10psi. Like, 20-25 @ least.

Here's a pic of the similar manifold I'm after. This is actually from your forum:

Car Pics:

Last edited by BAD300; 02-03-2010 at 06:13 AM.