View Single Post
Old 07-11-2002, 09:38 PM

Ridge

240Dbenzer,

The upholstery is quite easy to remove and reinstall. take the seat out of the car, unbolt the bottom from the top at the side of the seats. Take the seat bottom out into the yard, turn it upside down and kneel on it. Fold your hands..... just kidding.

Now as you're kneeling on it, you can untuck the bottom edges from the metal slot all the way around. Once you've untucked it, stop kneeling, get off seat, turn over and lift seat cover off. Reinstalling is just the reverse.

As to the springs, I usually get a good set at the junkyard from the passenger side seat, as it's always used less. Removing and installing the springs is more difficult, as you have to take off the seat adjustment mechanism which can be a bear. But that's only because it's difficult to line up the holes in the adjustment mechanism with the screw locations. I fact, I can't even describe it to you without having a seat unsidedown in front of me. A reasonably good DIYSer can do it.

My neighbor around the corner tells me that he bought a brand new set of bottom springs from www.performanceparts.com for $91.00. Don't know whether that's a good price or not. Good luck.

Ben