View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Linesider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackstar View Post
Installed a new style bosch primer pump with new crush gasket! No more bleeding down of the fuel in the pre filter.

Still a ***** to start, so I'm going to diagnose the glow plugs. Its the only other thing that was removed/changed/altered since i did the chain.

Here is a quick question. What would have to happen to have the glow light on the dash not work? I replaced the glow plugs 3 years ago with bosch units. I wouldn't think they were bad already. THe glow light on the dash lights up as it should, Could it be as simple as a loose connection at the plug?
See post #5.

If #1 glow plug is out the light will not come on. Or a couple with high resistance will not allow the light to come on. Or the light bulb in the dash is out.

More than likely you have a couple that have too much resistance. You can check all of this with a meter in about 5 minutes. Really easy to test.

But, first you need to verify that they are working at all. IE: GP relay clicking on and off, power to the plugs etc....

When tightening the little nuts on the plugs you need to be very careful not to over torque them. The shafts break loose pretty easily. Maybe check all the studs on the plugs first to be sure they do not spin?..

1985 300D (SOLD)