View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 09:55 PM
1985 300D Turbo

I am in florida and new to the mechanic stuff. The car sat for a while, not sure how long, the rotors and calipers have rust on them but the rotor surface looks good, has a little bit of grooves, when u run your finger over the rotors you can feel a small wave/groove in the rotor, not sure how bad that is??the car was driven to my location.
I have read lots of posts and did try the PB stuff, guess I was just too hard on the bleeder, gonna try again tomorrow, looks like some creatures have crawled up in there and made themselves right at home, all kinds of webs and cocoons! Was hoping I could just bleed the brakes and be done w/ it. The brake pedal is real hard and from what I have read it looks like it could have crud or rust in the lines so was hoping....even went and got the vacuum pump thing so I would not have to have help bleeding
I wanted to change the fluid out and put in synthetic, not sure what is in there, is there any special thing that I need to do to flush between the 2 types of fluids? I really dont know what is in there. But the reservoir looks crusty, should I try to replace w/ the same stuff that is already in there? Or is it a good idea to use the synthetic?
thanks for the help!!