View Single Post
Old 07-14-2002, 08:22 AM
done but forgot to tell the group

1. Had some extra time so I was going over my old posts to “close” them, I think this is a good practice for us all so everyone knows how the problem was solved so people don’t ask it again…
2. Ok about the timing chain master link(s) I should "pay attention to detail" to what M.B.DOC said “copper plating” that was just it a plating only maybe for ID purpose that it was changed… Found this out when I try it on the tool, the plate was able to be magnetized.
3. First I was looking for the "C" clip type to use for the old chain to new chain part of the process only. I’d also call around but nobody had the "C" clip type for my car, so I just got another crimped on type master ($0.91). I remember the parts guy telling me the chain should come with one already. I told him what it was going to be use for, he quickly nodded with the “you know what you’re doing look” and gave me the part.
4. During the time for installation I just push the link in but didn’t crimp it, it’s a tight fit but not permanent (if you have a crimping tool you know what I mean), rotate the engine, took THAT link off and trashed it, then installed the link that came with the chain, push in then crimp it. All done. Oh I use tie wraps to keep the chain and sprocket together so it won’t jump.

Thai GI sends…
GI but not GI Joe
They call me "The Thai GI"
Thai in the US Arsenal