View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compress ignite View Post
Your Voltage Regulator is bad and all you've done (Rather Neatly) is postpone it's eventual total demise.
This is the 3rd voltage regulator. I replaced the original with a Bosch from the parts store. Still had low voltage. Took the alternator to the local rebuilder who has recently retired. I'm not sure what parts were changed but charging was better (measured 13.5+ at posts, not 14). Charging dash light began to flicker. Voltage output decreased and I still had times where battery went dead. Tested battery and checked for parasitic drains - battery tests good (at parts store & hydrometer, voltage consistent between cells), no drains measured. Put in diode & increased voltage output. I suppose that new alternator will be next step when this one fails. Am I missing something?
85SD 240K & stopped counting painted, putting bac together. 84SD 180,000. sold to a neighbor and member here but I forget his handle. The 84 is much improved from when I had it. 85TD beginning to repair to DD status. Lots of stuff to do.