View Single Post
Old 07-17-2002, 02:40 AM
Rolex190E

Hey, thanks for the quick replies. I understand what you are all saying, it is some good advice might I add.

So the 300SL engines pack a bigger punch in them than the 300CE engine, also the rev limiter on the 300SL is greater than a 300CEs. I will look into this, however...... I do feel the the 2.3 16V engine is also hard to find. Not only that, there are much much more eletrical little gadgets that would make the swap a little more difficult (disconnecting, reconecting, configuring, so I hear).

Do the 300SL engine have the same bolt patterns as a 2.6?

I have another idea too....... ;-)

My friend tells me about this Euro cylinder head that increases a 2.6 to over 100hp, I don't know if that is true, but it is definately some thing to look into. With that I would have to replace"

-Timing chain
-Chain tensioner
-Chain guide

I'd also have to get (most likely) brand new gaskets for the upper body of the engine.

I think I might wanna stick with the 2.6 engine then fix the engine up so it has no problems for now. Then I will put a turbo charge on it with a custom exhaust. Also, I MIGHT bore it out to 3.2, but we'll see. how does that plan sound? I asume it will be around 300hp+ with this just these things.... Any other suggestions that? I really appreciate this help.

Oh yeah, one more thinkg, I'm not th richest man on the planet, lol, so I can't afford a lot of modifications. I'm trying to see what I can do for as little cost as I can (little cost? Yeah right). Again I thank you for your help!!

Sean