View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 01:46 PM

Ok. So trying to drive the black 93 W124 300D 2.5 T. It wont go anywhere. I think it is alda or computer issues rather than tranny but i do not know. Here is the scoop -- it starts right up but will not rev up initially. When you push pedal to floor when its cold it cuts out a bit. After it warms a bit it will rev up to 3 and 4000 rpms. But when i put it in gear, it won't rev up at all. It will move slowly on level ground forward and backward but since it can't rev up it wont go up a small hill. In park it will rev up. .

I put manual vacuum on alda and it held vaccuum. It did not increase power or change anything. I'm trying to take off the alda but that intake is in the way. Is removing the alda the next best step? Do you all remove the intake to remove alda?

Thanks for any help. Since it shifts good from park to R to N to D and goes forward and back im thinking its not a trans issue. Its weird though, why would it not rev up in gear but rev up in park? The extra load of trying to turn wheels maybe ? Hmm. i just don't know. That little electric switch on valve cover that is hit when it goes to WOT -- what does that do? You know the one that is black and there is a black rubber bumper thing on throttle lever that pushes in the switch when the throttle lever is almost all the way down. will post a pic in a minute.

Thanks