View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 08:25 PM

Whoa! Didn't know I'd stir up such a controversy!

Renntag I think is on point here. The method I've used to bleed the brakes is pretty common, as I just looked up the most common information on the 'net I could find and put it to work. I asked my uncle who's a mechanic and he said the same thing. I definitely had the helper pump up the brakes before we started. However, through all of this I have been holding the bleeder valve open until after the fluid stops coming out.

I'm just about to go give it another try at all four wheels and we'll see where I'm at after. At this point I'm just a little leery to go out and buy a MC on a hunch if it's still just air in the lines. I'm already short on time and money these days as it is, and this has eaten up pretty much all of my spare time for two weekends and a couple of weeknights now. Parts aren't cheap up here (about $200 for the MC) and I already spent over $200 for the new caliper and two used ones off of CL that were NFG. Add in another $200 or more in gas driving 600 miles in the truck this week instead of the car... (I haaate gassers!) and I'm out a fair chunk of change. Could'a taken it to a mechanic for that kinda money...

C'est la vie...

1987 300SDL - 243K miles and counting. In winter hibernation!

2001 Ford F250 Super Duty "Platinum Edition" Lariat 4x4 7.3L turbo diesel, 295k+ miles, various mods for reliability and performance.