View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 02:02 PM
W123 Forever!

Location: So. Cal., born and raised. Never left, though I fantasize about it often.
I've never counted, but I see them all the time--daily in So. Cal. They are not considered "nice" cars here, but that's because we have a high butthead to common-sense type ratio.

As I'm looking for a replacement in great condition, seeing all these W123s is driving me nuts with envy. Didn't notice them so much before mine was wrecked, and when I did, I felt both solidarity and superiority, as mine was always nicer!

Now it seems like they are all following me around. Saw a guy at FedEx just last week with a TD, anthracite on black--absolutely pristine. It was just like mine except I had the sedan version. I practically slobbered all over his car. (It'll buff out!)

I actually looked on YouTube over the weekend just to hear the sound of the W123 engine. I may be losing it!

Still, I am doing much better. My husband and I were having dinner on a restaurant patio a few weeks ago, one drove right by us, clickety clanking away. I admit it--I cried like a little girl. At least I've stopped doing that!

Past cars:

1985 300D, Glorious anthracite on black. Gracie. (R.I.P.)
The rest were crappy--including a 1970 Orange Gremlin.