View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 05:20 PM

I was looking all over getting frustrated, so I decided to check out a local MB shop that usually has a few 300d's on their lot. Now that gas is cheap and the interest in WVO conversions has waned a bit, the mechanic was asking a few thousand less than he was a few years ago. I talked him down to $2500.

The car was owned by an MB collector who used it as a commuter. The mechanic services his cars, and took it in on a trade for a w124.

It has a few problems. Some body work in the front fenders, the front left panel is a few mm out of alignment, most of this is covered up by a decent paint job done last year. Also a leak in the passenger side foot well, needs new upper control arms... minor stuff. The car has 190k miles, and generally runs pretty nice. Not a bad deal?

I was half in the bag last night and bought this steering wheel on Ebay- even though it's probably the last thing this car needs and I can't afford it. But hey, at least it will match my shifter!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150426130584&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123#ht_500wt_975