View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 06:57 AM
Honolulu registered user!

140 electrical problems....

Isloated the problem using a test light...disconnected the negative battery cable...connected the test light to the negative end and the other end on the negative post....test light stayed on...started pulling fuses until the light went out...(fuse box just above the battery in the trunk) light went dim when I pulled the radio/amp fuse.... pulled out the fuses again to double check...light still on but dimmer....obviously another drain....open the hood and started pulling fuses from that location fuse box....got to number 17...test light went out. 17 is the instrument cluster, hazzard, turn signal/hazzard, flasher, ceiling light? and (steering angle sensor)..whatever that is. So, I removed the cluster, disconnected the harness and the test light stayed on...not the cluster I am thinking if the light stayed on! Disconnected the glove box light, staill a battery drain. Only thing left is the ceiling light which goes out when the doors are closed, turn signals and hazzard. Back to square one with the other items...turn signal, etc. Suggestions on how I can isolate the problem?
Cigarette lighter does not work...maybe that is the problem but can't figure out how to remove the surrounding wood, etc.