Originally posted by Maddog
Because evaporators tend to get wet from condensation, bacteria will grow on them. The only way to prevent this is to run turn the air con off a few minutes before you shut the car down and run outside air through the evaporator. To get rid of the smell, Turn your fan to circulate the air in the car....no A/C, get some lysol disinfectant..UNSCENTED!!!! and spray it into the air induction outside where the air is pulled in the car. This should kill all of the bacteria.
That sounds like a good idea. Where is the fresh air vent?
Are they the two grilles behind the hood on the body?