View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd300td View Post
I think the thing with the vintage cars/owners is that they might be hesitant to do the "drives". Maybe just plan a meet/greet at one destination? I like the drives but also realize that maybe some fintails, pontons, or ??? might be in attendance if there wasn't 4 plus hours of driving. I'd love to see a bunch of the older vintage cars personally.

How about something south of LA but north of SD? Or East of both? Maybe joshua tree, temecula, or cleveland national?
South of LA and North of SD sounds like Orange County

My 72 gets 15mpg at best but I'm willing to show her off with all her daily driver blemishes, if available.

There's a place called "Beach Burger" on Beach Blvd in Huntington Beach. They have certain days where VW's gather, sportbikes, hotrods, ect. The menu has a good variety and it's location is very nice because the PCH around here is very nice (especially coming from South OC up to HB).

There's also
http://www.friscos.com/
(City of Industry Waitresses are usually cute and between 18-22 years old )

Downey, CA has a few classic car get-together/car show/ diner type events (weekly) but its been a while and getting to / from there is a bit of a pain (without the young, cute, short skirt wearing waitresses to make it worthwhile)