View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Red5jedi

Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarTek View Post
The fuel actually enters the pump via a fitting molded into the back of the SOV where it mates with the injection pump. Have you pulled the SOV and checked for fuel output there?

Also, listen for a "tok" sound from the SOV when you switch the key on while the hood is up.

The IP is controlled by a PCM signal from the computer. The 5 wires in the black bundle are the 2 for the rack positioner and 3 for the rack position sensor.
Finally got back to working on the MB.

The car does make the "tok" sound - always wondered what that sound was. I pulled off the SOV and fuel does flow out of it through the port that connects to the IP- I can see the fuel moving from the IP to the return when I interduce air when checking things.

I installed a electric pump infront of the heater thinking this would help a weak lift pump. With my pressure gauge still hooked up between the filter and the SOV I still don't measure any pressure but I do see fuel flow. If I crimp off the return line to the fuel tank I get 20psi but still no fuel out of the IP to the injectors.... I was thinking my screen was cloged in the fuel tank but if I restrect the return flow and get the pressure that the IP needs (>10psi right?), why don't I have the fuel comming out of the IP to the injectors????

How do I check if the little pistons in the IP are moving? How does this IP work and control fuel to the injectors? Could it be something electronic - not telling the IP to flow fuel to the injectors?