View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 10:36 AM

Good news, I sold my 93 nissan truck for 700 dollars yesterday, putting me at a 250 dollar positive so far on the vehicle swap. Should be registered today, and we will see what tax the state of NY wants on 450 bucks.

I experimented with putting my wagon auto tranny into the 240 for a temporary solution until the clutch gets here, but it turned out to be impractical, as it needs just a little too much adaptation work to function properly.

After a good look and half a day of struggle removing the auto from the wagon, I decided that is was just too big a PITA to put up and take down again next week or so when I have all my other parts.

It looks like the defining issue with this 240 apart from the tranny is rust. Nothing really structural except for floor pans, which I will deal with shortly. I have the material with me to make that safer pretty quickly. Its pretty far gone though, which is a shame as the PO really did try and keep it up body wise. You can see at least 4 improper rust repairs where they just bondo-ed over the rust instead of removing it.
The PO said that at the time, the rust wasn't so bad, and he was trying to keep ahead of it, and by the time the bondo broke off, it was 10 times the size.
I wish I could say that this didn't sound like the typical problem with body shops not understanding how to permanently repair a rust issue.