View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagObx View Post
If you are worried about the heat from the turbo, just install a "Jacket" or blanket on it. Its made from fiberglass or some other non-flammable material that you can wire onto the turbo & any other hot spots you might want to cover. Don't have any links for you, do a Google search & see what you can find. Since most of the MB exhaust system is close together this would probably be the cheapest option. As for the exhaust, a marine water-injection fitting just after the turbo would keep the exhaust pipe cool.

Also, see if you can find a marine heat exchanger for the cooling. DO NOT try to cool the engine only from sea water - you will quickly ruin it.
I did think about wrapping the exhaust and may try it but i am looking for a little bit cooler i am hoping.... yes i am aware sea water will kill the engine however i live in Utah .... only fresh water here. None of our boats have closed cooling systems here except the ones with aluminum heads and or blocks. I don't think the fresh water will hurt the 617 as it is the same material the GM engines are made of, but i have thought of using a heat exchanger if space permits doing so..
1986 325 coupe Bessie >300k Original engine(ODO Broke) sold
2006 2500HD Druamax Linda- Tows boat and looks pretty in garage thats about it