View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 12:59 PM

SLS faults..

Well, I'm investigating my dragging-butt syndrome, and I'm thinking the Valve is the problem.

The fluid in there currently, is really quite hideous, a nasty greenish brown stuff with almost a whitish hue as if there was moisture present in it and Very very 'thin' like water thin, so thats my first job, Change that crap.

--I was thinking of using the same Product that Citroen recommend to use every three years to flush their suspension/brake systems called-'Hydraurincage' for their Mineral LHM based systems, Anyone any thoughts......?

There is fluid re-circulating back to the reservoir when the engine is running, and of a fair quantity of flow, so I'm hoping the pump is OK, as I havent a spare,--At least it appears to be working, but who knows if its developing Pressure!...

Guessing its the Valve thats the main problem, as there are no apparent leaks or fluid losses, Moving the lever on the valve either way has no effect at all, when engine is running or stopped....

Biodiesel300TD-

If possible, Can you ship seal-kits over to the UK?

Alastair AKA H.C.II South Wales, U.K. based member

W123, 1985 300TD Wagon, 256K,
-Most recent M.B. purchase, Cost-a-plenty, Gulps BioDiesel extravagantly, and I love it like an old dog.

W114, 1975 280E Custard Yellow,
-Great above decks needs chassis welding--Really will do it this year....