View Single Post
Old 07-23-2002, 12:39 PM
Unhappy Sorry, but here goes...

I have read the archives, which have helped but I am still confused. My 1990 300E cut off on me yesterday pulling onto the highway, a car going about 60mph had to jump into the other lane to avoid hitting me( I was pulling across the first lane of traffic to get to the second, It cut off in the first! ) The A/C was on and it stumbled. It seems that when I have the A/c on my problem is worse. As of late I am experiencing: low idle worse with A/C on, hesitation when starting off, and loss of power. But these syptoms are only sometimes....not always. I read in the archives that OVP with the single fuse is the bad one! Part # 201 540 38 45...Mine has the single fuse also, but is Part # 201 540 32 45. Is this likely the culprit?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also a correct algorithm for troubleshooting this kind of problem would be very helpful to me also!
You guys are the best!

2008 S550
1957 Dodge D100
1967 VW Microbus 21 Window
2001 Suburban
2004 Beach cruiser bicycle
-----------------GO DUKE!-----------------

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For that reason alone, people of other faiths have been afforded freedom of worship here." Patrick Henry 1776