View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 06:17 AM
dieselarchitect

I don't see anything that is for sure a turbo. It looks like it could be but not for sure. The article did not seem unclear to me either.

Although I favor a diesel over the current hybrids available I liike the hybrids just fine. I really like the early insight. The current prius is really a large car with nearly as much room inside as an SDL.

I see no reason to ridicule hybrid drivers either. These are people who wish to make a difference in their lifestyle and are willing to pay more to do so.

I think hybrids will continue to proliferate and will get better and less noticable in their function. I have driven both the current prius and the old insight. I would like to have an insight five speed but the prius is no fun to drive. I really love the look of the compact slippery rear wheel skirted prius. It is fun to drive too!

It does appear that our regulations favor gasoline for whatever reasons...is it because of our powerful oil lobby? ...could be.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.