View Single Post
Old 07-25-2002, 10:00 AM

I think you have been lucky Larry...

as I think the more complicated features in the S-class cars..one as even as old as mine are costly to repair...and my car is not as isolated case....the regional MB service rep told me that he still gets manly complaints on the 140 cars..mostly he said becuase of the expense to repair...but I have heard the new 220 is a bear also...the cooling fans in the seats(which I hear makes sweating legs on leather a thing of the past) are $1000/each seat to repair...and yes I have seen these being fixed at the dealer under warranty...but it stands to reason...the more complicated something in the more statistically it will have problems...so does that mean you give up all the creature comforts...I for one don't think so.

as for the JD power survey....all I can say is that I think the japanese luxury cars..for example LS 400 can blow the doors off a 140 in terms or reliability...BUT i for one have never liked the way those cars drove..I have tried twice to buy one...and I just don't like them...as practical as they seem to be

Warren
1992 300SD 144K
Columbus Ohio
Attached Thumbnails
Jd Power !! News Flash-1992-300sd.jpg